Why purify (filter) my water?
Why consider General Ecology Inc.’s drinking water treatment systems?
- To improve the taste of the water by removing sediment and chlorine while leaving the salts and minerals
- To remove disinfection byproducts and other chemical contaminants
- To protect against microbial contamination
- To minimize the use of single-use plastics (bottles, etc.)
- To save money over bottled water
What does it do?
- Our proprietary technology is designed specifically for point-of-use drinking water purification
- We have been in business since 1973 supplying water purification systems for Aviation, Residential, Marine/RV, outdoor recreation and emergency preparedness applications
- We offer rugged and practical designs for real world applications
- We purify water without external power, chemicals, or wasted water
What does it not remove?
- Microbiological purification according to the EPA Guide Standard for testing microbiological water purifiers for removal of bacteria, viruses and cysts
- Removal of organic chemical contaminants such as herbicides, pesticides and solvents
- Removal of aesthetic contaminants such as particulate matter, chlorine, foul tastes and odors
How does the system work?
- Dissolved salts and minerals
How long does it last?
- Source water is forced through the Structured Matrix™ cartridge which removes contaminants by means of:
- Microfiltration — 0.4-micron retention
- Chemical adsorption
- Electrostatic attraction
How is it installed?
- Cartridge life or capacity is affected by source water quality as well as system operating conditions
- For a typical RS-1SG cartridge the average life is 1,000 gallons
- We recommend cartridge replacement after 1,000 gallons, decreased flow rate, or annually
Where are products and replacement cartridges available?
- The system is typically installed under the kitchen sink with a dedicated pure water faucet mounted on the counter top
- Source water from the cold water supply is plumbed into the housing and then to the dedicated faucet with the included components
What is the return policy?
- Online from this website
- Local distributor
- Items returned within 30 days will be eligible for a full refund dependent upon return condition